RURAL Edge (formerly Partners in Grain WA) are hosting their INSPIRE Summit at the Crown Convention Centre in Perth for over 200 women on 7-8 April 2020.
Now in its third year, INSPIRE is for rural women who are highly involved in their farm and rural business’ and are interested in increasing their own skills, capacity and confidence for the benefit of their business, their region, their communities and the wider industry.
The program for INSPIRE 2020 includes keynote, panel and general sessions presented by a selection of leading industry and non- agricultural professionals and growers. In recognition of the significant role that rural women play in their communities, the INSPIRE 2020 program also includes speakers, workshops and panel sessions around personal development, health and wellbeing, community sustainability and communication.
Key Note Speakers at INSPIRE 2020 include:
• Toni Barton – Lamb Bacon producer, farmer and entrepreneur.
• Shanna Whan – Founder of Sober in the Country, a national rural alcohol awareness movement teaching Aussies across the outback that ‘it’s okay to say no to a beer’.
• Tim Hunt – Head of Rabobank Research Food & Agribusiness
• James Williamson – Managing Director of Latitude 28 Produce
• Amanda Williamson – Amanda has served in a range of Government roles at Federal and State level, both as a commissioned officer in the Australian Defence Force and in numerous senior roles in emergency services.
• Andrew Horabin – BullShift author and comedian.
Interactive Panel Discussions will include:
• Transforming your response to Climate Change and Action
• Implementing Change in your business through leadership
• Managing Decision Making fatigue in your business
• Building Public Support and Trust for your industry and business
• Transforming Regional Communities.
Rural Edge Chair, Bronwyn Fox, who lives in Dandaragan, said “this is our third INSPIRE Summit and we have again been overwhelmed with the level of interest and early bird registrations – especially at our new Summit location within Crown Perth. This event attracts rural businesswomen from all over Western Australia who come together to learn and improve their business skills and network with other successful agribusiness operators. In addition to the obvious benefits of networking and professional development, this Summit will also provide advice and information on self-investment and self care – important skills and knowledge for everyone.”
This Summit strongly supports the industry’s focus on sustainable businesses and growth. Well managed farm and rural businesses in turn improve the economies of rural and regional areas. The skills required to run a farm business also transfer across to business and leadership skills for small communities and regional industries. The two-day summit is aimed at women who already know the fundamentals of operating a business but are keen to learn more.
Registration for INSPIRE 2020 is $375 (incl GST). Please note that RRR and AgConnect Members are eligible for a discounted rate of $300 (incl GST), as well as March 2020 Rural Edge Workshop Attendees. To register now and for additional program information please visit www.ruraledge.org.au/inspire.
About Rural Edge
Rural Edge is a state-wide, not-for-profit organisation delivering highly relevant, peer to peer learning opportunities that support primary production businesses to be innovative, competitive and profitable.
Rural Edge is very much driven by farmers, and training opportunities are for all members of the farming businesses, and their community.
As Rural Edge is not a commercial organisation they do not compete with services that are already available. Their select team of staff, facilitators and Board members act as a support mechanism to get professional development happening where and when it is required.
Partners in Grain was launched as a national organisation in 2001 and was managed in WA by a State Reference Group. In 2017 Partners in Grain became its own Incorporated Association; Partners in Grain WA and the national organisation wound down to transition to an Alliance model and in October 2019 Partners in Grain WA changed its name to Rural Edge.
0420 043 493